You probably already know that April means taxes, Earth Day and rain, but did you know that April is also National Soyfoods Month?
So now is the perfect time to learn about the place for soy in a healthy diet and easy ways to incorporate it into everyday meals. Packed with protein and fiber, soyfoods are a tasty way to reduce calories, saturated fat and maintain your weight.
We enjoy lots of soy products at my house. In fact we typically have soymilk, soy yogurt, and some tofu in the fridge on any given day.
When it comes to soymilk, I prefer to buy the plain organic, unsweetened variety, but my daughter loves the chocolate too.
Westsoy makes some great organic soymilks with only 1gram of sugar per serving! It’s the shelf-stable variety, so you’ll find it down the grocery aisle with the boxed milks.
My 6 year old has really been missing chocolate pudding and I finally came up with a delicious soy version. It’s super easy and quick to make, so don’t worry if you’ve never made from-scratch pudding before. I added some creamy peanut butter on a whim and it tastes great. I am also thinking that omitting the peanut butter, but adding some espresso powder would be a delicious variation-Chocolate Espresso Soy pudding, yummy! So many options.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Soy Pudding
If you want plain chocolate pudding, just leave out the peanut butter.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups unsweetened chocolate Westsoy soymilk
- 1 tablespoon butter or dairy-free substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cream peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Slowly stir in the soymilk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and peanut. Allow to cool before serving. Can be served warm or chilled.
This sponsorship is brought to you by the Soyfoods Association who we have partnered with for this promotion. The Soyfoods Association of North America (SANA) provides information about the health benefits and nutritional advantages of soy. SANA offers fun recipes and convenient ways to incorporate soy into meals for everyone – from athletes to families. SANA is dedicated to spreading the word about soy, especially during National Soyfoods Month in April!