- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
Chocolate Crispy Rice Crust Directions:
- Butter or grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl combine the chocolate syrup and chocolate chips and microwave until hot, about 45 seconds. Stir until smooth, returning to microwave for 15 more seconds if necessary. Remove 1/4 cup of the chocolate and save for serving. Add the cereal to the remaining chocolate and stir until well coated.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pie plate and using a buttered spoon press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Use the crust for your favorite ice cream or pudding pie; use the reserved chocolate sauce for serving.
This crust is a great alternative to a graham cracker or cookie crust needed for all your ice cream and pudding pies. It’s great tasting and gluten-free, but requires no special flours or equipment, so it’s easy for anyone to prepare for a potluck or get together (or when you just need a simple, inexpensive gluten-free dessert).
This recipe will result in 1/4 cup leftover chocolate sauce, perfect for drizzling over your pie or saving for an ice cream topping if desired. As always, be sure to read the chocolate syrup and chips labels, some do contain gluten.