Well, Mom, tonight I served vegetables your style. I started with butter, added some onions, zucchini and corn, threw in some heavy cream and seasoned it. Let’s just say I remember now why Mom served veggies the way she did; it is because they are so good.
Zucchini and corn compliment each other well in this dish, but I am sure you could substitute other diced vegetables. I am not suggesting we always eat our vegetables this way, but once in a while it is a nice change. It’s quick, it’s tasty, and chances are your family will eat their vegetables with few complaints.
For more great gluten-free Zucchini recipes check out Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
Sauteed Zucchini & Corn
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 bunch or green onions chopped, white and light green parts only
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, but I am sure fresh corn, kernels removed would be better)
- 2 Tb heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Add vegetables and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.